Thursday, June 11, 2009

My piriformis is on fire!

This morning I taught and then did 2.5 hours of pilates (some self practice then a 1 hr mat class). The mat class was evil, pure evilness including a magic circle and some horrible L position that set my piriformis on fire. My level 2 stuff is going ok, everything is clicking but I still am finding "my voice" for teaching. This afternoon I visited an old friend that has been feeling neglected as of late.....Mr. Treadmill.

For fun I cranked up The Blacked Eyed Peas and did a 1 minute ladder run, first I did an easy .5 miles at a slow jog pace (speed 5.7)

Goes somthing like this.

1 min run/1 min off
1 min run/50 sec off
1 min run/40sec off
1 min run/30 sec off
1 min run/20 sec off
1 min run/10 sec off
1 min run/10 sec off
1 min run/20 sec off
1 min run/30 sec off
1 min run/40 sec off
1 min run/50 sec off
1 min run/and cool down

I started at speed of 8.5 about midway ended up dropping to 8.0 then 7.8; was dying in the middle of this! It was fun though, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I've never seen a ladder run where the variable was the rest periods rather than the interval period. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete