Saturday, April 25, 2009

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR HANDS, WASH YOUR HANDS PEOPLE!

If any of you have watched the news this weekend I am sure you have heard of the mutant swine flu which they are stating is a flu virus that resembles part swine flu, part bird flu, and part human flu virus. The CDC is concerned about this for a number of reasons. Mexico City is basically shut down according to the news and cases have been confirmed here in CA, TX, and I have now heard KS and possibly NY. One of the most concerning things about this strain is that it most of the people it has killed in Mexico are between ages of 20-40 an age group usually not affected to this extent by flu viruses which make it more of a concern of having a wider outbreak. Again all I can say people is WASH YOUR HANDS! Here is a resource (there are a million resources out there)

http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oids/epi/flu/swine/index.htm

Ok onto fun? stuff.

My torture session of the day (aka personal trainer) started off with a little competition among his clients and ultimately with yourself. Here is the deal.

21/15/9

The sequence of the exercises goes like this -

squat thrusters (I was using 2-20lb dumbbells), push-ups, burpees (hands down to ground, jump back to plank, then jump feet back to hands and explode into vertical jump)

The basics of it is you do 21 reps of each exercise, then 15 reps of each, then 9 reps of each. You can rest when you want, but you are clocking your time from beginning of first rep to end of last. My time was 6:42. This was my first time doing this and I felt pretty good about my time, but definitely will try to beat this in the future. Try it out sometime; let me know what your time was.

No comments:

Post a Comment