Wednesday, March 11, 2009

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!


When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the earth down.
That's right Chuck is 69! Happy belated Birthday!
Ok, moving on......
First, my friend that is a travel nurse is back home. She's has been traveling for about 4 years now and so despite visiting her in some cool places along the way it will be nice to hang out again! Today I convinced her to go to my trainer with me to check it out. Hmmm......yeah she may hate me now, lol!
After our training session (60 min) my friend dropped me at home and I was looking for a way to get my cardio in (she wasn't up for staying and doing some elliptical......lol). My knees were still hurting today when I was doing backward lunges letting me know that yes it is still too early to run again. Soooo, out came the P90X Kenpo X video. Has anyone else out there P90'd? As a mini review it will definitely tone you up... I did my 90 days..... and will occasionally pop in a video but overall I get bored doing the same thing which is why I love my trainer and prefer to do my cardio outside! The Kenpo video is good and definitely gets your heart rate up. I did 60 minutes of kenpo and then finished off with my 20 minute yoga for runners video that I posted about yesterday.
On a sad note we said goodbye to our snowbirds today, they are headed to Cali for a few weeks then on up to the home state of Washington. This was the 2nd year they were down here for part of the winter. It is always fun having them here to ride bikes, hike, day trip, and bbq with!

No comments:

Post a Comment