Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She didn't have her v8 today!

PIC: JOSEPH AND CLARA PILATES





"I must be right. Never an aspirin. Never injured a day in my life. The whole country, the whole world, should be doing my exercises. They'd be happier."- Joseph Hubertus Pilates, in 1965, age 86






Since my sports massage got cancelled for this evening and I am missing my two hours of trainer torture this week I took the opportunity to hit up a late pilates class. I have been going to the same studio for about 2 years now I think but tonight the teacher was someone that I have not taken class from before and therefore she didn't know me or any of my recent issues going on. I love my pilates workouts because they are challenging to my core and because I am able to be so focused while doing it, it is almost like an hour of meditation for me. One of my biggest challenges that I get cued on and that I also catch myself doing is letting my shoulders ride up. Despite that the teacher tonight did comment that I have good form, but! but! said that my left side definitely tries to work harder than my right. For someone to pick that up and didn't know that I've been having extreeeeeme tightness in my left side.......I must look like I need a v8!

No comments:

Post a Comment