Thursday, March 5, 2009

TO AGRITOPIA AND BACK......

Finally, I got to go to Joe's Farm Grill

http://www.joesfarmgrill.com/

This place is great! First of all they grow almost all of their food onsite or use local stuff (beef, dairy, etc). I am still using my camera phone so not the best picture but I had the Ahi Tuna Sandwich with sweet potato fries! THE BEST SWEET POTATO FRIES!!!!!! The Ahi Tuna was good and I really liked the Asian Coleslaw on the sandwich! Note the pickles (awesome, also they make their own pickles)!!! The place itself includes the grill, a coffee shop, self-serve produce stand, the farm (of course, duh), and get this......a vespa service station (how freakin awesome is that! I looked like an old garage but vespa size, lol!

Still icing my knees from Ragnar (and maybe a little from the bike ride yesterday). Back to the grind it was today though. 60min of trainer torture and then I did 30min on the elliptical (ugh, I hate doing my cardio indoors!) I also made it over the the nursery to pick up some stuff for my garden which I am going to try and plant over the next week! I got a new camera battery so with some adequate charging overnight it will be good to go!

Finally, I tried this recipe from Kath http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/chocolate-walnut-banana-bread/ it turned out great. I did make a few changes because I only had w.w. flour not w.w. pastry flour I actually used 1.5 cups w.w. flour and then .5 cup wheat germ and I had one extra overripe banana that I used as well. This turned out sooooo moist (but not too moist) and sweet! Thanks Kath. Speaking of baked goodies, check out this giveaway for personalized baking tags. What a great idea!

http://www.megansmunchies.com/2009/03/personalized-baking-tags-giveaway.html

****one last note on Joe's Farm Grill......I hope the Ahi Tuna is not local, I mean where would it come from the canals? Yikes!******

No comments:

Post a Comment